Monday, 2 January 2017

2017: Goals

Happy New Year everyone!
I think I'm on the same page as most people when I say 2016 wasn't the most fantastic of years in general, although it certainly wasn't all bad. But now it's time to look the future and hope that 2017 holds more promise.

Over the years I've tried and failed to make and keep New Year's Resolutions, but I hardly ever succeed. So this year I've decided to not put so much pressure on myself and to instead aim towards a few simple goals for the year ahead, rather than making a fixed promise I probably won't keep.

Here's what I hope to achieve in 2017:

Be Better With Money
This is my main goal; I'm generally terrible with money. I'm lucky enough to earn a decent wage but by the time payday comes around I'm scraping around, and I'm never quite sure what my money has gone on!
I want to try and spend less than I put in, so I've got some money left over every month rather than each month being like groundhog day. My goal is to be able to afford my own place and I'm well on my way, but I need a final push.

Think Less
I'm a chronic overthinker and it rarely does me any good. This year I'm really going to try and worry less about things I can't change, and stop over-analysing every little thing I say and do. I used to be a very positive and happy-go-lucky sort, and I think time, life, people, my job etc have slowly worn me down, and I want to try and be a little more manana about things outside of my control. I need to learn to take things as they come and accept things happen for a reason and will happen when the time is right, rather than being despondent about why things haven't worked out for me. 
This will be the toughest goal for me for sure.

Keep Active
I'm not even going to go there with joining a gym or taking up running, because I've done it before and not stuck to it. Instead I'm just going to try and maintain what I've done for the last few years and be as active as possible; keep my steps up throughout the day, go for plenty of walks and take the stairs wherever possible. I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful area where there are thousands of places to walk.

Less Phone, More Living
Another biggie; I want to switch off a little this year and use my phone less. I'm too heavily reliant on it and scroll through various feeds right up until bedtime. I'm never going to be able to stop so there's no point banning myself, but I definitely want to read more books and watch more films this year, and switch off social media earlier at night.

Be Kind To Myself
I'm pretty awful to myself in general, I'm overly critical, tear myself to shreds and neglect my own needs so much. This year I want to get a little more sleep, drink more water (I've come on leaps and bounds with this in the last 2 months), schedule in some pamper time, spend time with positive people and stop punishing myself constantly.

What are your goals for this year?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These are amazing goals! They are very similar to mine! Good luck, you can do it!

    Happy New Year!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig