Saturday, 14 January 2017

January Highlights

Well somehow we seem to already be halfway through January...this year is going to fly by in a blink of an eye! But before I get all depressed about how quickly life goes, I'm instead going to focus on the positives this month has brought me so far. 
January can be such a dreary month, it's nice to remind ourselves it's not all bad!

This month I've tried to show myself a little self-love, so that's meant not making any unnecessary plans I don't feel like doing, and instead having as many Lush bubble baths as humanly possible. 
I've been working through my stash and so far used Twilight, Intergalactic and Milky Bath, while catching up with The Crown on Netflix and re-watching Homeland - sooooo good! 
I've also started giving meditation a go - it's something I've needed for a long time to try and quiet my mind and stop my thoughts, and so far I'm finding it much easier and more beneficial than I thought. I've downloaded 'Headspace' which is 10 minute sessions, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I've tried to catch up with friends as much as I can without compromising on me-time. A good catch up can cure any blues, and with my January bank balance looking less than healthy, we've been making the most of the great outdoors and going for lots of walks, as well as having some yummy food (and an amazing afternoon tea). As usual I'm snap happy over on Instagram .

I put my Body Shop voucher to good use and finally treated myself to the Hawaiian Kukui Cream I've been lusting after forever, as well as the Spa Fit Smoothing & Refreshing Body Scrub that has also been on my radar (now out of stock after the sale) and I love both so far!

Finally I've been driving all over the place for work as usual, and we really haven't had much in the way of snow up here! Sometimes I think I'm the only person who doesn't actually like snow (I worry about loved ones travelling!) but it sure does look pretty! Driving back from a meeting the other day, I drove along a road that looked right out of a Christmas card with snow capped mountains, it was beautiful. 

How are you finding January so far?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm actually loving January! Rather jealous of all your lush baths though. AND I LOVE BRODY! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the Brody love! Man is like a fine wine!
      Glad you're having an awesome January!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig