Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Simple Pleasures


As I haven't been feeling in the best headspace lately, I've been trying to remind myself that things are rarely all bad, and no matter how awful your life seems to be going at the moment - there's usually something in the day to make you smile.
Here are my favourite little simple pleasures at the moment:

1. Taking off my bra at the end of the day
I don't care what anyone says, there are few better feelings than this. Once my bras off, as far as I'm concerned plans have to be unmade because this is comfort at its best.

2. Crawling into a warm bed
Now I'm mindful that I'm a total granny, but I really don't think I could live without my electric blanket. I love being toasty, and I relish the feeling of getting into a cosy bed after a long day and feeling your feet start to slowly warm up (anyone else unable to get comfy if their feet are freezing?)

3. Clean Sheets
This goes hand in hand with the above: crisp fresh sheets are a thing of dreams, I could literally stay in bed all day, especially in the winter months.

4. Bubble Baths
I adore soaking in the bath but I'm definitely a fairweather bather, I can't have them in the summer months at all. I'm slowly but surely working through my Lush stash at the moment and lying in the bath with a sheet mask on catching up with Homeland is definitely one of my favourite current pastimes.

5. Curling up with a good book
I've always enjoyed reading, having been an avid reader as a child, but I've found it much harder to find the time as I've got older. On these cold evenings I love snuggling up under a blanket with a good book and either a cup of tea or glass of wine. It relaxes me and makes me feel so much sleepier than hours of binge watching Netflix. I can get lost for hours.

6. Nature
Living where I do, I'm very lucky to be able to find all sorts of beautiful places right on my doorstep. I love catching the gorgeous sunrises we've been treated to lately, and looking forward to all the sunsets we'll have once the evenings get longer! Being on the beach, walking through forests and hiking up mountains are all simple and free ways to feel happy and at peace.

What are your favourite simple pleasures?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig