Friday, 17 March 2017

Recent Purchases

Hi lovelies!
So this month was supposed to be a restrained one, in fact I thought I had been pretty restrained until it came to putting together this post! (as there are also obligatory purchases from the Fat Face sale that I haven't included!) 
I haven't bought a huge amount as I really am trying to be better with money, but these are a couple of the things I couldn't resist this month!

Books are something I very rarely splurge on as I tend to do most of my reading on my Kindle and I also tend to find when I've read a book once I don't usually read it again. Having said that, I've had my eye on all of these for the past few months and they do make lovely coffee table books.
I've already read How to Hygge which I loved - I picked it up in Waitrose when I popped to get a coffee as I follow Signe Johansen on Twitter and really like her self-deprecating and no nonsense attitude to life. The beautiful photography and delicious recipes are an added bonus!
Milk and Honey has also been on my list for months, I think everyone has seen Rupi Kaur's quotes popping up on Pinterest, and being an English graduate I absolutely adore her style of writing. Plus, when you're feeling at a bit of low ebb her words can definitely make you feel like you're not so alone. 
I bought The Little Book of Hygge from Amazon at the same time as Milk and Honey because I've had so many recommendations, and hygge is a concept I'm totally in love with. I haven't started on it yet but can't wait to get going!

These Clarks brogues were an impulse buy; I love Clarks footwear and buy most of my work shoes from there as they're so well made and durable. As a child I remember moping round Clarks being forced to buy boring school shoes, but they've really upped their game and I really think they're bang on trend now. Brogues are one of my favourite styles of shoes, and I didn't have a dark pair in my collection so these fit the bill perfectly, And as with all Clarks shoes - super comfortable!

I'm a bit of a hipster when it comes to vinyl and really do believe music sounds so much better on a record player! I totally fell in love with La La Land and the soundtrack was just the icing on the cake. The vinyl has been sold out for weeks because they released a limited edition blue version which is AMAZING; but from reading reviews the sound quality was said to be a bit scratchy so I chose to go with practicality and get it in standard black. Not as pretty, but sounds amazing.

Last but not least, I couldn't resist these gorgeous Steve Madden booties from TK Maxx. Though I definitely don't need any more boots of any kind, these are exactly the sort of thing I go for. They're also ridiculously comfortable which is ideal because I really don't have the energy for skyscraper heels these days! 

What do you think of my recent buys?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. lovely purchases! i really need to read more and my sister actually bought milk and honey the other day so will give it a try!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try - it's amazing!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. i really want milk and honey and a hygge book. especially since i've been going to denmark ever since i was a kid.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely do then! They make such lovely reading!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I love the looks of those boots!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they - and so comfortable!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig