Wednesday, 12 April 2017

March / April in Photos

I usually try and do a monthly round up of what I've been up to, but last month I didn't quite manage it! So instead, here's a little snippet of what I've been doing over the past few weeks:

1. I've always been someone who uses up all their holidays early on and then spends the rest of the year scraping through with what's left, but this year I've been so preoccupied with work (so boring!) that I've had to take it all in last minute chunks, so I've had a couple of short weeks/long weekends. consisting of lots of coffees (like this delicious iced vanilla latte), cinema trips (I've seen La La Land, Moonlight, Denial, Jackie, Hidden Figures and Beauty & The Beast over the last month!) and relaxing. It's been bliss.

2. Similarly, plenty of self care has been on the agenda. Long leisurely bubble baths, top knots, sheet masks and watching Twin Peaks has been my special slice of 'me-time'. 

3. My present to myself last month was two new tattoos that have been on my bucket list forever. Since my very first tattoo at 17, I've known I wanted more, and I finally ticked off a beautiful Galileo quote across my ribcage last year. This time I've had a geometric triangle/glyph (meaning explore) and an arrow, to represent moving forward. I'm so pleased with them.

4. I've always been gradually making the transition into grey hair since Christmas, which has been more work and stages than I anticipated! Finally though my grey ombre is complete!

5. My Mum and I had a little belated trip to Liverpool for Mother's Day, where we had these incredible cocktails - how amazing do they look?! They tasted just as good! We stayed in the Titanic Hotel for the third time and as usual it lived up to expectations.

6. I always love waking up in a hotel and starting the day relaxing in the crisp bedsheets with a cup of tea. I posted this photo up on Instagram - loving my new Primark nightshirt too!

7 & 8. The other weekend I caught up with two of my oldest friends for a lovely walk along the beach. The sun was shining and it felt like summer, it was absolutely glorious. After our epic catch up we went for burgers and then watched the sunset, it was such a lovely day.

9. Last weekend I went to stay with my bestie in her new flat and we ventured into Harrogate where we experienced afternoon tea at Betty's which is somewhere I've always wanted to go. I'll be writing a full post soon, but it was absolutely amazing!

What have you been up to?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig